The me2oh.com referral program allows you refer others and receive credit when they become members. At certain times of the year we run contests for referring others to me2oh.com. You should visit the Referral Program page to find out if we currently have any contests running for referrals and for the rules, requirements and other details.
Below are several common questions that have been answered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I know if there is currently a referral contest?
Check the Referral Program page
. The current status of the referral program will appear there along with contest details.
How do I get credit for referring someone to me2oh.com?
In order to receive credit for referring someone, you can do one of the following.
- Refer people to your profile page at me2oh.com
- Use your unique referral link.
[Please log in to view your referral link.]
Your Referral Link vs. Your Profile Page
- Your referral link will automatically take whomever visits it to the me2oh.com registration page and you will receive credit for referring them if they register within 48-hours.
- Your profile page, however, does not redirect visitors to the registration page, so they must click a "register" link somewhere on the site after visiting your profile page.
- Your referral link is useful for things like a banner ad or graphic on your personal Web site or for other times where you might not want to direct someone to your profile page and only want to send them right to the registration page while still receiving credit for referring them to us.
If someone visits my profile or referral page but creates their account at a later time, will I still receive credit for referring them?
Yes, if they sign up within 48-hours of visiting your profile page or referral page.
If someone visits my profile or referral page and visits the profile or referral page for another member before creating their own account, who receives credit for the referral?
You will receive credit if the visitor signs up within 48-hours. If the visitor does not sign up within 48-hours, no one will receive credit unless the visitor visits someone's profile page or referral link before signing up.
If someone visits my profile or referral page with one Web browser and signs up for their member account with another Web browser, will I still receive credit?
No. Because we use a cookie stored in their Web browser to track who referred them, they must use the same Web browser to sign up or their browser will tell us that they never visited anyone's profile or referral link. This is the only reliable way that we have for tracking who referred someone to us but it requires that they use the same Web browser to sign up that they used to visit a member's profile or referral link. This is the same method that nearly all other Web sites use to track referrals and clicks on affiliate links.